Ticketmaster is apparently now a scalper…

Home Forums General JT Topics Ticketmaster is apparently now a scalper…

Create New Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sunnyskies
    Participant

I did get in on the presale Monday, but Columbus had a venue presale today so I decided to check and see how that was working (and also how the fees compared to what we paid on JT presale). I was happy to see that the tickets would have cost $10 more with ticketmaster fees than what I paid in our presale. What shocked me, however, was the ticketmaster “platinum seats”. Today in the venue presale they had a few front row seats and they were listed at over $600/tkt! As a matter of fact any seats in the center section of the floor were that high. It was only when looking at floor seats a section back AND on the side that the ticket price reflected the actual $103 price. Even some of the first section off the floor were hundreds more than listed price – That is insane! The description of official platinum seats on the TM site were that these seat prices were ‘scaled up’ based on demand. They were not resale seats, these were the actual TM prices – WTF! I don’t understand how they are allowed to do this on the initial sale. I guess they have officially become scalpers now. Thank goodness for the JT folks who are taking care of us, even if they only get a handful of tickets from the mighly ticketmaster to be able to sell to us hardcore fans…..

Bluebell
    Participant

A similar thing happened when I bought Coldplay tickets from them in 2016. I bought the Platinum tickets months in advance, then a week or two before the event I was in touch with the band’s management and they were furious to hear how much I’d been charged for them as there were still plenty of equally good tickets for sale at that time. They took it up with Ticketmaster on my behalf and made them refund me, then I went and bought new tickets in a slightly better section of the stadium for the face value. What TM are doing is wrong and fraudulent and it’s time that the industry took a stand against them.

Tee
    Participant

My husband had to log in for me on fan presale day – he got in the moment the site came live – today the seat numbers came in the mail. Row 16. Its the section behind the very front sections over to the side. Gone are the days when fan presale gave us those nice up close ones. I’m not complaining, I think row 16 is still great as long as its not too far off to the side. I checked on ticket resale outlet for Portland, Oregon – two front row available for 1400.00 each. 2nd row available for 979.00 each.I dare not even look at what the PIT seats cost in Los Angeles, Hollywood Bowl. CRAZY. Nope not paying sclapers. We’re just fine over in row 16. The sound is better anyway than in the 3 front rows!
    Hope the rest of you did great at the fan presale.

Create New Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.